Tonight is the highly anticipated premiere of House of the Dragon on HBO. The fantasy series acts as a prequel to George R. R. Martin’s popular novels and takes place 200 years before the events of Game of Thrones. To celebrate the occasion, I have decided to create a custom cocktail in honor of the show’s debut. Not only that but with Dragon Con less than two weeks away, I have also incorporated the Atlanta convention into the mix. So whether you’re sitting down to watch House of the Dragon or preparing your cosplay for Dragon Con, let me introduce you to the sweet and spicy House of the Dragon Con cocktail!
House of the Dragon Con Cocktail
2 oz pineapple juice
1,5 oz gin
1 oz Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur
0.5 oz dragon fruit liqueur
1 Dragon Fire Cube (guava ice cube)
1 dragon fruit slice
For the Dragon Fire Cube:
- Combine 30 oz guava juice, 3 oz cherry juice, and 10 oz water.
- Pour into ice molds of your choosing and freeze until solid.
For the House of the Dragon Con Cocktail:
- Rim a glass with Tajin.
- Combine pineapple juice, gin, Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur, and dragon fruit liqueur in a shaker with ice and shake well.
- Strain shaker contents over dragon fire cube.
- Garnish with dragon fruit slice.
The House of the Dragon Con cocktail is sweet thanks to its pineapple and dragon fruit base but prepare for a fiery kick thanks to the Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur and Tajin. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and spicy and is fit for a king or queen of the Iron Throne. Give it a try and let us know what you think!